2010-02-09

Proposing part three: 10 Lords -a-Leaping

After barley making the 11 pipes, I had better luck with the lords and ladies.

They are made from a very thin tissue paper. I drew the pattern, made a stencil, and cut it out with an exacto knife. I love the jaunty tilt to thier hats, and there's something about the way that they leap to meet each other that makes me think they might not all be strait. And why not?

I did however run into an un-foreseen obstacle when I gave them to Erik. He was tired, and I guess didn't have both his shoes off, so he tried to shove them down on the knife wrack to get them out of his hands. One was ripped a little, but I salvaged the rest, and freaked out just enough that he was extra careful with the next place he put them.

While making all of the gifts, I thought a lot about how we'd remember them, and these 12 days, and I really wanted him to have them all to keep. More about this when we get to "8 maids -a-milking"...




No comments: