2010-02-13

Proposing part nine: 4 calling birds

When I first came up with this crazy idea, to do all of these crazy things, this was the first gift that sprang to mind - a small quilt, with 4 calling birds.

It was also the first thing I worked on - making the birds themselves over maybe two weeks. Erik thought they were valentines presents for friends, to start with.

When I came home late one Wednesday night, and started sewing things onto the birds, he didn't notice until 11 pm that it was becoming a quilt. I finished the center parts, and realized it was too plain. So I made a last minute decision not to compromise on this gift. I made the teeny sets of squares at the four corners, and finished off the cover piece. But, it hasn't been quilted down yet - it has no filling, or backing. And I knew then that I prob wouldn't have time to finish it for a week or two. Right after I finished proposing to Erik, we spent a couple of days on the phone with relatives, and then I launched into my next project....

But, I think it will be worth the wait to finish off this little quilt nicely.





No comments: