2010-02-13

Proposing part eight: 5 golden rings

5 Golden rings was my biggest compromise. I had a lot I wanted to do for this one. Rings, proposing, you can imagine that unlike the geese in labor, or milking maids, I had some good ideas. But, by then, time and energy were both low. So I went for something practical. I made a cute lunch bag, based on a pattern Jess used for her Christmas gifts this year. Erik still liked it, and I'm looking forward to taking it on picnics with us this summer.

Erik was watching TV with me while I was embroidering the rings. He just about gave me a heart attack when he said "those are pretty rings". I thought, maybe he's figured it all out, and he's just being gentlemanly, not saying anything? But no, he wasn't even close. Sometimes I find it quite helpful that he's naturally unobservant.



No comments: