2010-02-10

Proposing part four: 9 ladies dancing

I learned a few lessons when I made the nine dancing ladies. First : hang them up safely and securely before Erik gets home, and wait until he's done settling in to tell him about them. Second: you can go into a fair amount of detail in the thin tissue paper. Third: Everybody needs some hair. Even if it's not much. You gotta have some hair. And hands too, if you can swing them.

So I spent more time sketching these ladies - I think of them as sisters, because of a story I read in high school. And they're barefooted, just like the dancing sisters in the story. It wasn't until after I finished that I realized how I shoudl have finished off the braids - they look more like a decorative design than real flowing hair. But, I have another project I may use them in, in a second evolution. And you may have to wait a week or so to hear about that one :)




No comments: