2008-07-10

So, let's be careful

Today, in a public area, I saw a man who I know to be a sexual offender. Not that he's assaulted me personally, but I've heard from women he's assaulted. More than one of them. Nothing violent... but you know, there are some pretty terrible things that people can do without actual physical violence.

This time he was browsing myspace. Myspace has this new feature - if you are trying to look at profile that is private, they suggest some public ones instead. He was obsessively clicking through their suggestions, finding *young* women, and sending them messages. I'm not sure what he looked like on myspace, but in real life, he was over 50, balding, wearing short shorts, and of course, has a history of sexual misconduct.

Yes, everything they say about the internet is true.

Be careful :(

No comments: