2008-07-03

Narnia & UW

I've heard it happens sometimes, but I can't recall a time I've like the movie better than the book version. MUCH better, in fact.

Erik and I watched Prince Caspian last weekend. It wasn't quite as exciting as the first movie, but it was still full of good stuff. A bit lyric, a bit of melancholy, adventure, and lots of prettyness. So I thought, this is epic, I should read the books! Well, would you believe the books are less detailed? They filled in the blanks in the movie, to flush the plot out a little. It's so weird!

I'm going to read one or two more tho, just in case it starts slow....



In other news, my post yesterday about the UW refereed to applications I have submitted - they have pretty consistently been getting back to me 2 months after I apply. I'm not surprised we haven't heard about Erik's job yet, and am not yet discouraged. When he interviewed, there were 4 parts to his interview with various groups of people. The largest group had 26 people... I don't think I ever want to interview for a job like that. They now have to give all those people time to give feedback. Then, the powers that be, will mull it over some. Compare with the other applicants. Probably make a safe choice - the most qualified candidate, rather than the most rockinest. Meaning that, despite the fact that Erik did a good job, and is a simply fabulous manager, it's a step up for him, and they might have a candidate who already has experience at that level.

In any case, I figure we're right on track, if we get an answer by the end of next week. And I'll post it here first, when we hear :)

No comments: