2008-07-18

First interview in 3 years

Whew.

I interviewed for an Office Assistant 3 position at the University of Washington today. It was a phone interview, brief, a bit casual. They didn't ask a lot of specific questions, which confused me a bit. I'm a bit used to being put on the spot - being asked the tough questions. This was more of a get to know you, what do you want in a job, what are your interests type of deal... because they intend to do another round of interviews - face to face - with the final selections. Duh, I shoulda figured that out :)

It wasn't bad, but it could have gone better. At the last minute, my nerves got to me a bit. I caught myself forgetting to breath more than once. I'm a bit worried that in some of my more nervous moments, I came off as a insincere. But, other than that, I think it went well. They were so nice, and I enjoyed talking to them so much, that it was hard to stay nervous. I think we would all get along great.

The more I hear about it, the more I want it. It would mean a pay cut, and leaving libraries.... but as Jess said, it sounds very dynamic. A great variety, a great challenge, a great work atmosphere, great co-workers.... sigh. This was a supposed to be a no pressure, if it works out, great, if not, at least I've got my feet in the water sort of interview. But, I suppose somewhere along the line it's turned into a larger investment for me. I hope this is the one.

They'll let me know soon if I'm welcome back for a second interview. I'll keep y'all updated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you were great! it's funny because i had a phone interview yesterday too :) yay for not having to dress up and fidget nervously in front of people :) and we'll get calls next week for second interviews, i'm sure of it!