2010-01-22

Yet another really really cool pea patch.

One thing I love about this city is the pea patches. I have yet to see a dull one. They are city owned land, people can ask fr a plot - I think there is a reasonable charge - and it's theirs to garden in. This is perfect for anyone who lives in an apt, or has a too-small yard. I've also heard people say that it can be very therapuetic to have a place lime that away from home, a regular evening ritual. And many of them are in scenic locations.

We've been to one in the international district, terraced, on a steep steep slope, over looking the city and bay. The one in our alley, with twisted branch fence and gate/archway. There is another in the teeny valley behind our house, nestled into the steep hill. On my way to work, there is a spralling garden, built over what used to be one block of street, complete with sidewalks running along either side, that I think must be a pea patch. And last weekend. We found this beauty in belltown.
















Wild scraggly winter plants!






A little bit of a view. The winter growth reminds me of the secret garden, before the girl reforms it.



Bathtub planters! I want one, please.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: