2009-06-18

Birthday presents

I love birthday presents, and birthdays. The birthdays of my loved ones are some of my favorite holidays. One my favorite traditions, with a couple of my oldest friends - making a birthday card for each year of their life. Of course, it takes a while to make 27 cards. So I tend to find something that works, and do that for each card. This year, I've been sewing a lot, so I decided to sew the cards, and I think it turned out particularly well! Inside they read, at a rate of one word per card (mostly): Heyyyy, happy birthday ginkgo girl, you are the bee's teeth and all special sunshines. Here's wising you pears, radishes, amy butler, bees, cranes, wistera, and bunnies, in the following year. Love you! Melly.

Erik might have helped me write it :) And you can see where the radishes bees etc come in.... yeah, I guess I'm kind of literal :)





1 comment:

Jess said...

thank you!!! they are so pretty, i need to find a place to display them all! I didn't think of this until just now, but Chad always calls me River Girl - so I can be Ginkgo Girl and River Girl. Ha!