2008-09-10

The Tacoma Museum of Glass

I'm kind of a museum junkie. It's the second on my to-do list when I travel, right after aquariums, and right before finding new and interesting restaurants. Basically, i like them all - except the Portland art museum, which is kind of small and dull, and very expensive.

I went to this summer, my two favorites were the Tacoma Museum of Glass, and the Legion of Honor.

The Tacoma Museum of glass just rocks. Partly because I love glass, partly because they do a great job with their exhibits - they always have something really cool and interesting - and party because they have an on site theater style glass blowing studio. You need a break from walking around staring intently at pretty things, you can go and space out and watch them make pretty vases and stuff. I could watch forever.



The Chihuly walkway





Yes, I'm lying on the ground





The studio

Outdoor reflecting pools with rotating exhibits




No photography inside, but i snuck a few

The gift shop




I wore my glass necklace to the museum (necklace by sam)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Glass Museum is one of my favorites. Thanks for the splendid photos!

Samantha Abernathey said...

Ahh! Yay for photos! I cannot wait to go here in december! so happy. :]]

Anonymous said...

cool. i really want to go sometime