2008-09-06

Collaboration with Asha

Asha has such a wonderful drawing style. When I was her age, I was lucky if you could tell what I was trying to draw, but no matter what it is, it lacked flare, interest. But her stuff rocks.

Lately I feel like I'm relearning to draw. I'm doing away with a few conventions I was taught in early art classes, and it's much more fun without them.

Two of these are mine, two are Asha's. I love them together. You might have to look at them a little bigger, they're drawn with .18mm & .3mm pens




Here are a few more of her drawings. Aren't they lovely? I asked her to make me the fanciest spoon she could. She threw in the smallest spoon she could draw next to it.... this card is 2"X1.5"



Next she drew a cupcake. This was a dilema for her. She said cupcakes are important, and require prominence. but they're also cute, and that requires smallness. She settled on a large cupcake decorated with very tiny cupcakes.



Bees attack tiny town. The town is my fave, you should look at it larger.



And a dinosaur card made for yours truly. His name is bing-bong, his skin markings are made of hearts.

1 comment:

Angie said...

That drawing with the bees is so cute! You're right about the town. The best part.