2008-08-30

The birthday card tradition

Jess and Em started this years and years and years ago. In the last few years Jess rekindled it, and It's been going strong. The birthday card tradition requires that you get as many cards as your age, each hand made and decorated. This year Jess made me cards with a nesting theme, each card with a happy thought, a beautiful item. I <3 friends!





I thought it might be nice to bring Michele into the fold. This year I made her cards as well. they are a lot like the ones I made Jess last June, but these have a harvest theme, for her August birthday. Each card has one letter, individually decorated, spelling out a brief birthday wish (click to enlarge). The pear card is regular sized, and has a more personal message (did I remember to write it yet? I hope so...)

1 comment:

Jess said...

yay! Your cards for Michelle look great, and I love how all of your birthday cards look together! Good old home decor magazines, they offer the best inspiration! <3