2008-04-22

Well...

I suppose I've been outed. I wasn't really ready, but I guess it was inevitable. I was originally trying to keep this a bit under wraps, until we knew more fur sure, until I had something to say for sure. If you didn't know, don't feel bad, not very many people did.

Erik is interviewing for a job at the Seattle public library tomorrow, at 3:30. He's already left. He is very qualified, and they seemed excited about him, but it's also highly competitive, so I have no idea what's going to happen. It's seriously starting to stress me out.... Not being able to make long term plans. Not knowing what will happen in the next month. Not having a job prospect my self. The fact that we might need to buy a car. Wondering if anyone will visit us. The mix of complaints and advice and guilt and disapproval and blessed support we've received so far. Wondering if I went back to a natural color for nothing, and should have just kept my pink hair and our Eugene apt, and stayed with our friends, and not rocked the boat. Wondering if I'll be able be happy if we don't find jobs, and do stay here, and nothing changes.

Because I'm me, and I have to plan, I've made contingency plans on various outcomes, and analyzed our options.

It's not really helping.

And yes, we got Erik a new grey suit, a purple polka dotted tie, block cap shoes that were picked out by a very possibly Real Pimp, and a cool black/brown reversible belt.

We've researched the bejesus out of the woman he's interviewing with, and talked abotu what's important in interviews.

We've compared the Seattle Public library to the University of Washington to no end, and perhaps unsuccessfully.

I've taken the cat to the vet, and am taking advantage of my medical and dental, and cleaned my desk at work. I've picked out "our new apartment" 3 or 4 times, and decided exactly what I'll do to console myself if it doesn't work out.

I'm very proud of Erik for all the effort an preparation he's put into this, no matter what happens.

22.75 hours to interview, and counting....

I suppose this counts as the sort of rant I said I wouldn't do when I started this blog. Sorry folks.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a very exciting, and stressful place to be -- waiting for a job and preparing for an interview.

My best wishes to Erik, and you as well.

nudibranchs and toast said...

I'll have to go to visit now if it happens for you guys.

I understand the whole not being able to plan completely thing. It's rather stressful...

Rosei said...

Oh my gosh, I can totally... relate. =)

Here is hoping that everything works out as it should, for both of us.

Good luck to Erik, he's an amazing guy and would do a great job anywhere that he was working.

Anonymous said...

I wish you and Erik the best, and if it is meant to happen it will. Hopefully everything will work itself out in a smooth fashion... even so, I understand its extremely stressfull as Chris and I was meandering through the same thing.

Anonymous said...

that would be so amazing. i think it would be super super cool for you... and seattle! what neutral hair color did you choose? it's a good choice... maybe it will help offset the color balance to tell you i'll be dying the underside of my hair crimson soon. let us know what happens, now i'll be checking this thing constantly. did you know hollee bought a house???

Anonymous said...

the prospect of you moving from eugene is exciting, scary, hopeful, and a bit sad all at the same time. i'm a true believer in whatever is meant to be will be. so here's my best wishes to erik (and you), and whatever happens, know that you guys will be just fine because you're awesome like that :)

Anonymous said...

checking curiously.:)