2008-04-12

Thursday

Thursday I took the day off work. It was a vacation day I had requested long ago, but I still felt sick, so I lay around the house and read for most of the day. I'm trying to read Eragon and remain open minded, but the writing style seems so pompous and unemotional to me. It's monochromatic - the tone, the dialog, the characters and feelings. one big flat even line. But, it's a rich world with interesting magic... so as I said, open minded.

Lately I've become overly critical of writing and it makes it hard for me to find that I enjoy. So this is good for me.

...

When Erik got home from work, we went suit shopping. I don't have any pictures of our picks for you yet, although I may ask Erik to model them for us when the tailoring is done.

It was the first summery feeling day of the year. I know summer is a ways off, but I think your supposed to be able to imagine it in the spring. And Thursday, I could.




Everyone on the bus had pigtails.

Everything looks more glorious in the sunset.


Friday I took Hanu to the vet. She freaked out on the way there - I think she's becoming agoraphobic. I had to take her out of the carrier and carry her, and her carrier the last 3 blocks. When I got there, the receptionist berated me for carrying her. What If I she had gotten away? Hit by a car? I wanted to explain that she wasn't trying to get away, she was clinging to me. But, I let it drop.

Our new vet is Named Dr. Tran. I have a co-worker who will be pleased to hear this. She's nice, and gentle, and Hanu aced her exam. Healthy fur, ears, nails; clean teeth, good eyesight, lost 6 oz. Sweet temperament. I bought lots of kitty stuff - mostly relaxation products to encourage peaceful relations between her and Aketa.






This morning we're making cupcakes, and then going to two birthday parties. That's a lot of birthdaying.





1 comment:

Rosei said...

<3
<3
<3

I'm going to have to give my kitty back to Molly soon... meh. =(