2010-05-10

Painting the new apartment!

We're looking at colors to paint the new place! So exciting. I wish we were painting every room, but we have a secret burning hope that a third floor corner unit with a view of down town will open up in our building. So, we're not fully committed to our first floor street-view place, pretty and convenient as it is.

We're starting with the kitchen and bedroom, and will probably paint the bathroom too. I'm really excited about our options, with the dark honey floors, and clean white trim. The possibilities are endless! But, I'm liking shades of soft muted purples, and citrusy pale lemon lime colors. Sounds weird? Let me know what you think of these shades.


The first samples I got for the kitchen, playing with Hue

I refined my choice using those first samples, and would up with this light, bright, pear.

I had to try a purple. My heart was set on a purple from the beginning, but I was worried it would make Erik sad - the kitchen is really important to him. After playing with all of those yellows trying for something he'd love too, he liked my purple better. Go figure!

Bedroom! Love the pale chartreuse. It's so pretty with the white trim, and feels very soft and light.

Trouble is, we want to grow poppies and ranunculus in there....

...and there is a lot of wood, in the floors, and furniture....

....and doesn't this purple make the floors look so much lovelier?

....and look at the poppies next to it!

A preliminary sample for the bathroom. I normally pick colors because I like them, but I can do neutrals quite well if I want.

No comments: