2009-05-12

Uwajimaya

So, when we have guests, we get out and do a lot of things. And I take pictures of those things, and put them into blogs. But I realized, the one thing we've done with every single set of guests, is go to Uwajimaya, and I have never taken pictures there.

So here you are, if you haven't visited us yet, here's your incentive ;)



Fuyu persimmons are my all time favorite.

like Japanese chia-pet-like things. Totally redonk, and adorable.

Lotus root. Michele discovered lotus root fries at the teapot - very tasty.

Just one small bit of a yellow fruit section. I love people who understand color... and it's a shame they didn't get their way with the whole produce section.

Fragrant sure, but edible? who knows.

Banana flower.

Good health vinegar! Available in 4 tasty health flavors.

Sake! In 5 ba-trillion flavors... I recommend the lychee. Lychee is an odd flavor, but it's very becoming on sake.

What is this???

My favorite dino-drinks! I brought Asha one, and she named it Princess Melon Gut. I have the raddest little sis evar :)

These are like big rectangular sushi's. My favorite is the shiso flavor, but they have a couple other vegetarian flavors that are also quite fab. I bought a bunch of pickled veggies in rainbow colors, so we can try making these for lunch!

These pretty shimmery fabric lanterns were everywhere, I want to get some for the bedroom.

Cute snacks take over the world! But really, they kind of do.

Flavors: kumquat, quince, red cabbage, safflower. They all taste like sugar. Yum!

Adorable Japanese nail polishes, in every color you can think of (not just nude's and reds and pinks!). Asha, that blue one is for you!

No comments: