2008-03-30

Ravi's christmas present

For christmas/octomas/solstice, Ravi got Erik and I each an entry in an new zone exhibit down town. It's open to all, so the pressure isn't too high, but It's been a long time since I really focused on making ... well, art. I take photos of things I think are pretty, I do little things to make out artparment lovelier, I certainly love learning new crafts. But none of these things really stand on their own, none of them are polished, or finished, or were meant to hang in a home.

So I spent a lot of time thinking about what I would do, what media, what the subject would be, how I wanted to present it. So much time in fact that I let the deadline slip out of my mind until it was on top of us.

So, this weekend, I ran all over town buying unusual fruit, matting, frames, etc. I set up the lighting the way I wanted, and waited, and waited, wand waited for the sun to come out for brief moments, and then photographed madly.

After all that, the printing went awry. It was the wrong paper, wrong size, and the colors were oh so wrong. I begged the guy running the show to give me another couple of days to reprint them - I wanted to do it right this time. Hopefully the second printing goes better!

In any case, I'm rather fond of the jpgs. Here they are, color corrected the way I like them. If they look of f to you, it's probably your monitor, because they're just right.










1 comment:

Rosei said...

Mmm... gorgeous and delicious. =)