2009-07-06

Weekend sewing: Amy Butler bag no. 1

This weekend, I finally got around to trying an Amy Butler pattern that I love. I had intended to stick to the directions the first time around, but realized later that I changed the handles, pockets, top edge of the bag, and used the interfacing differently. Whoops! But, I think it's a fabulous pattern, and I love the way this bag turned out. It fits under my shoulder perfectly, - I feel like it almost holds on by it's self, and I love love love the Martha Negley plums, and Kaffe Fasset floral together. The best surprise was that my camera fits inside - even with all my regular stuff. I did not think that it could fit in there! I felt a little like Hermione.


2 comments:

Jess said...

it looks great! I love the fabrics and the contrast. What are you going to make the next one out of?

jen said...

Love! I've got several of her patterns and you might motivate me to get crackin' on at least one of them this weekend.