2009-04-05

Aquarium

So much photo catchup! I've really let the photos pile up. But these were lovely, I had to do them first.

Asha loves jellyfish!


Fish face!

This little dude made himself a hammock








These guys eat bits of dead skin off other fish. Asha calls them "creepy buddies". There will be a whole separate post about them....

Ms. Nose. She reminds me of Howl's moving castle :)


These were so redonk. There was a small one zooming around the tank as fast as possible, the whole time we were int hat room. (It was a round tank). I couldn't get his picture, because he was just a little blur.

Asha is convinced this is Nemo. She said he had a lame fin and everything!



Kissy, the old man fish. boy did we love this guy. he was as affectionate and playful as a seal, but obviously quite old. I've never seen a pufferfish half this big!



The octopus was rad... we hid in plain sight, on the glass wall. His tank was curved, so you couldn't se ehim at any angle, but head on.

And of course... Jellyfish...





3 comments:

nudibranchs and toast said...

Ghaaaa!!! these are all so awesome! I just went to the monterey aquarium and your quality put mine to shame (but i understand). I especially love the kelp and fish. That aquarium is definitely on my list to visit now.

Melissa Logan said...

It's Erik's new camera! It still took a lot of adjusting in aperture, but it was still so much easier than his old one!

I love the Seattle aquarium. I can never tell if it's nostalgia, or true awesomeness :)

e said...

Creepy buddies, to add to their interesting qualities, are apparently sequential hermaphrodites. This one might be a Labroides phthirophagus not the Labroides dimidiatus but close enough.
Neat.