2008-06-17

Tues, 6/24, 12pm

Cross your fingers folks. Erik got another interview. I don't know how he does it - 2 applications, 2 interviews! I'd feel a little lame by comparison, if I weren't SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED.

This is the big one, folks. When he found this job, he actually said "well, it's a good thing I didn't get the last job". It's a step and a halfish up for him, in the academic library world - where he'd like to stay. and it's at Odegaard, which in my personal opinion, is the coolest branch of the UW.

It's going to be a big day - I have an application due at the UO for the same day. It's for a position in my current dept, one step up. I am interested in the job - it's what I'd really like to be doing, in a new city - but if I got/accept it, it means we'd be staying in Eugene for at least another year. It's a decision I have agonized over for a while now. Every time I've mostly decided, I change my mind. I had begun to feel like there is a right choice, and if I make the wrong one, I won't be happy. But, this weekend was a turning point. Spending time with so many good friends, that I have known for the better part of my life, I realized I will be happy either way. I still don't know what I want to do, but either way, I will have friends, and loved ones, and be lucky.

I still really really really want to move tho :)

4 comments:

Richard said...

Yay love and happiness either way! I will be happy for you either way-better job is a nice healthy thing. So is getting out of Eugene... *HUG* Besides, I need more reasons to go visit seattle.

Anonymous said...

i'm excited for you guys. i've been struggling with the "right" decision thing for the better part of a year. but i really believe in what you say about being happy either way. the notion of fate guides me, and also the knowledge that out of "bad" things come some "good" things. it's not at all black and white.

so, just be :)

Melissa Logan said...

I agree! When I think about my life, there are lots of things I would have been happy to skip over, but if I had, I wouldn't have the good things I have now either!

Thanks for your support Emmy. I love you!

Jess said...

This weekend made me feel like that too, and through it all we know we will all be close even if we spread out further! We'll just have to take more photos of our daily lives :)