2008-02-10

Asha's Quilt

For my sister's 10th birthday, we decided to do something a little bit special. Double digits is cause for a little celebration, right? And more importantly, at the time I was out of craft projects.

So, we braved a trip to Joanne's to pick out a few types of fabric. As always, the project got a little out of hand. Soon I was stopping by the quilt patch every weekend for new colors, and the amount we spent on the cute Queen Anne's lace backing still stings a little. But I'm so happy with the result.

Erik and I collaborated at every step of the way, giving the quilt a balanced look I don't think it would have had if I had acted alone. Oh, there are 2 rows that got moved out of place accidentally, and I made a few measuring mistakes, leading to a narrower-than-intended boarder; but not that it's all done, I think it's just lovely. And the look on her face when she saw it made all of the late nights worth it.

I'm starting on a quilt for the two of us now, which I'm really excited about. We're going to quilt both sides - I'll make one side - colorful and sunny, he'll make the other - random, pale, and desaturated. We can take turns displaying our side. I'll let you know how it works out :)







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Angie...That is so beautiful...I know I already told you this on facebook...but that would be the coolest birthday gift ever!

Naylor, Paul said...

Totally agree! That's really special! What a great sister you are! ( =